Monday, June 30, 2008

And Weekends were made for family

And spending time getting to know one another, when you start in the middle of life as we have this day.
I received my very first fathers day gift from my soon to be six year old, that includes a coozie and a very nice note. My children have voracious appetites or at least a couple of them do, gee I think this is pay back for me eating my father out of house at home. We spent the day choosing colors for bedrooms, choosing books for reading and wandering about Target and Wal Mart figuring out ways to spend money. Went to Lowe's on Saturday, three children all girls chose colors for two rooms, do you know how many different color samples that they have at Lowe's or Home Depot for that matter? Neither did I until I watched them look at each and every one of them. When my boys went through, who have to share a room for a little bit, I barely had time to lean against the counter, then its like hey Mom and Dad, we want this one..... period. No hemming and hawing. Then there is the book store, since we like to read and as a family we will encourage our children and other's in our life to read. We paid a visit to the local bookstore, everyone was give a limit, except me, why should I, dad's the one with the credit card, he shouldn't have a limit

No comments: