Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cooking Weekends


Hi,
For those of you that may or may not be following this blog this closely, I am planning on cooking this weekend. I am cooking real food, not packaged or adulterated in any shape or form. I like to cook, mainly because I like to eat, I have about ten or so extra pounds to attest to that. There are lots of children in the house, they like to eat, they like to help daddy and mommy in the kitchen, well maybe daddy, because he is so much a clown and a show off. Anyway, here is the quandary that I face, it is a holiday weekend and the only thing that I have ready in my mind to make sometime this weekend is fowl (yes bird, that beast of all beasts that struts around the barnyard like he is king of all that is around.) I have a method to prepare it that I have not tried in its entirety. But I need something else to accompany this, please. The six little ones, well four little ones and two not so little ones need some variety. I am thinking about a sweet bread
So that sort of takes care of desert, so what else.
I could do a vegetable risotto, I should do a salad or some other green leafy vegetable concoction, ideas, ideas, ideas. I am also planning on doing burgers sometime this weekend also, that could be interesting as well.
And for the record, the doggie picture is the only one that I have on my work computer right now that does not belong to someone else.

No comments: