Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer is almost here


We are again at the precipice of the school year, once again. Much glory and joy to behold. We are pleased and delighted at the successes of all of our lovely children.
Jenelle and Russell are doing their respective sports Football (Soccer as us wimpy Americans call it) and Baseball.
Kala and Jenette are enjoying Karate and Gymnastics with an eye towards more success.
Linda and Anthony, while Linda has demonstrated that she is a stellar student, with several iterations on the Honor Roll, way to go little one, and my son Anthony, has proven that he is far smarter and quite a bit more settled than anyone ever imagined. (Please don't remind him too loudly, that he is going to be and probably much smarter than anyone ever thought, and for heavens sake don't tell his older sister. She still needs to hold something over his head as she is the oldest.)

Anthony is doing very well on the track team at the local middle school, where he attends and Linda is finishing up a very good year, amid many complaints( I think she gets that from me) with the choir in school and we attended a concert the other night and two things actually happened. I recognized and liked most of the songs in the show and more important than that, I actually enjoyed it. Especially the rendition of Bird land by the jazz band and the second to last number when they shoe horned the entire singing cast on stage for a joyful rendition of some song that does have a level 0f forget ability, yet was pleasant none the less.

All of the children are doing well in school, especially those that I mentioned previously as being a standout. And one day soon, I'll even get the rest of my work done, I have two more classes, again before my undergraduate work is done, and then I can't make any more snide remarks about those that went to four years of college.

No comments: