Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Weekend This Weekend

The weekend ended, well pretty well with three of my four girls diving into much hot water with mommy and me, for some reason, unknown to the two of us, Kala, Jenette and Jenelle decided to store some of the clean clothes that mommy had washed for them over the weekend, under the bed.
Under the bed,
I ask myself,

under the bed.

Between that and the very, very long lecture they all received about Daddy being the real hard *** , after all he did spend 20 years in the Navy, can sleep on anything, including concrete, can live for weeks off of peanut butter and jelly ( not sure you want to tell a kid that, besides there are only two or three flavors of jelly that I will eat) , actually that's not military training, its don't really want to be bothered with anything bachelor living. (little difference, one prepares you for the other. Take your pick)
So in mommy's absence, the only snax that will be consumed is going to be fruits and vegetables.
*** Can you say, you have made me so very happy !!!!!!!

Anyway, on to the rest of the weekend.

The roasted chicken came out pretty good, I do have some tuning up to do for the next time.
what I managed to do is marinate the chicken in pear and pineapple juice for about twenty four hours, and tossed a token amount of salt and pepper at it.
Pretty good, only problem was the rotisserie had some problems turning so that I won't have charred spots on the bird next time, well skin is actually meant to sacrifice to the fire anyway, also helps you know that it is done !!!
with that we served fresh strawberries, we always seem to have them, no I don't like strawberries, have not liked them since I began attending school......... in the 1960's, taste alright, don't deal well with the seeds. Kids love them, well all but one does. Wife loves them, I love making a show of chopping them up, hey watch those fingers .............. they do come off you know (hee,hee, hee !)
I reused some rice, because I got lazy at the last minute and did not go to the grocer's for the veggies for the risotto, well maybe another day.
I am going to try something else for this weekend, for my wife-free house this week. Its not going to be pizza and burgers, because I don't eat too much of that stuff these days, something about high blood pressure and cholesterol and all that eating healthy business.

No comments: